- Do I even have 5 people to forward this on to? (Oh, and I should mention that the latest request asked me to send it on to 20 friends?!)
- Will I let down the person who sent it to me? Will she think I am a bad friend if I don't send it on? I really care about her and hate to let her down.
- Will the person who was supposed to be #1 on the outgoing email be upset if no one replies?
- What if the #1 person doesn't have many friends and this is a way for her to make connections with other caring women?
- Will my friends get frustrated with me for sending on to them? Aren't they already too busy?
- Who has 20 friends that are available for this kind of thing?
- Why can't I just say "No??!!??"
- What if I just don't do anything? Will anybody really know?
- If I am ever in doubt that I am a "Feeler" vs. a "Thinker" I need to reread this whole entry.
- These directions are so complicated! Send a recipe to the number 1 person and then move the number 2 person to the top and then put my name on the email and then forward...
- Are people really still cooking?
- With the internet and great magazines, do people really want recipes?
- Can't we just ban together and pledge not to do this to each other?
- Will this land me on people's spam lists?
- Will people send out recipes using spam? (ugh!)
Then I got an email from the lucky recipient who was supposed to get all the recipes. She was so excited. Then I started getting recipes, all of which sounded sooooo good!
I have decided to go ahead and put out a recipe for succa (Italian for spaghetti sauce). It is a treasured recipe. From now on, every request labeled, "Recipe Exchange" will get this as a reply and none of my friends will be bothered again. They have already done their duty!
Confession really is good for the soul. I feel better (and hungry) already.
Tomato sauce, large, 4 cans I use Wal-mart’s generic brand
Red wine, ½ can (I use it to “swish” out all the cans of tomato sauce)
Basil, fresh, ½ package
Lawry’s Garlic salt, 2 tsp.
Nature’s seasoning, 2 tsp
Fresh ground pepper, 2 tsp.
Sargento Romano cheese, ½ triangle grated
Pasta: Cook, but DO NOT let get mushy!!
Romano cheese: Put on pasta FIRST, then put on the succa!!